St. Joseph’s Secondary Secondary School is under the trusteeship of CEIST - a Catholic Education Irish Schools Trust. CEIST is the trustee body for the voluntary secondary schools of the Daughters of Charity, the Presentation Sisters, the Sisters of Mercy, the Sisters of Christian Retreat and the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart. The Vision of CEIST is to create a compassionate and just society inspired by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Their Mission is to provide a holistic education in the Catholic Tradition.
The CEIST community is committed to living the vision and the core values of the Charter. These values have their roots in the Gospel of Jesus and have been central in the tradition of the five founding Congregations.
The values promote the dignity of the human person, inspire a Christian vision of the world, encourage the search for truth, wisdom and beauty, and lead to the formation of mature personalities.
CEIST Core Values
- Promoting Spiritual and Human Development
- Commitment to excellence and continually improving the Quality of Teaching and Learning
- Showing Respect for each Individual
- Creating a sense of Community with a special welcome for those most in need
- Being Just and Responsible in our Relationships.
CEIST is committed to building school faith communities where good personal relationships are fostered and where the staff are supported and facilitated.